Thoughts
I had a plan. I knew every detail, nuance, twist and turn of how my life would go after graduation. Ha. It is time for a new plan. I try to live my life by walking in my faith, but sometimes I forget my faith takes putting Him, who is the author and finisher of all things, first. It is humbling to realize that plans made of men's own desires are fragile and lowly things. So now I am walking with a new plan, waiting on His direction, with patience (oh how dearly I am trying for it).
Ponderings
On a lighter note, I think have finally found out why Texans are all so polite. They are all packing heat! It came as a shock to me that guns make you friendlier, rather than the opposite. It seems logical to think that if you carry a weapon that is capable of ending another person's life, it would make you an angry, testosterone-riddled individual. Not so, really. It seems that guns have the opposite effect, at least here in Texas. It seems when you have the ability to defend oneself, an eerie calm seems to come upon you, and you are willing to look on your fellow man with a lot more patience and consideration. If your fellow man misbehaves, a person has at their disposal the ability to settle matters quite quickly.
Another thought also came to mind. Since one does not know who is packing heat, it behooves one to treat everyone else in the Lone Star state with kindness and consideration because of the possibility of someone busting caps into one's posterior.
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
For the first part of your post: God has equipped you with special skills. You have done what so few are able to accomplish. God bless you as you wait for His voice.
ReplyDeleteFor the second: hahahahahaha! That might be the most sensible prose written on the Texan experience. God bless you for that Adrian!